If you enjoy having a bird feeder outside your window you would be thrilled to have this cast of characters show up! A blue jay, chickadee, Canada goose and even a couple of woodpeckers are among the colourful birds enjoying the feeder.
The puzzle pieces come pre-sorted into groups according to their placement on the puzzle – top, side, bottom, etc. Each group of pieces is presented to the person individually. By following the colored clues on the tray and the sequence of steps in the instructions, the person is guided to successfully place the pieces without help. This is repeated for each group until the puzzle is complete. Because the person is generally able to select and place the pieces on their own, they have a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment (often accompanied by a big smile).
A great activity for people with dementia or Alzheimer's who always liked jigsaw puzzles but now find standard puzzles too challenging.
- Cognitive challenge
- Color coding guides person to success
- Pieces are divided into six groupings to adjust level of difficulty
- Discussion guide helps lead conversation
- 35 piece sequenced puzzle (14" x 10" completed)
- Pieces color coded and pre-sorted into 6 bags
- Laminated full color picture of completed puzzle
- Discussion guide
- Packaged in convenient plastic envelope
- Instruction manual